Re: bmw-digest V9 #640

>Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 21:36:01 -0500
>From: "Darren Beilstein" <beil@domain.elided>
>Subject: re: east coast trip
>
>Dear Digesters,
>
>I will be driving from Maine to Florida and back this upcoming January.
>Does anyone know in which states my V1 is legal, and which states it is
>illegal?
>
>TIA
>
>Darren B.

Darren, Don't even turn it on in Virginia. If they detect it on, even
with it on the floor, I have heard of them turning around, pulling over
the car & confiscating the radar detector & giving them a ticket. North
& South Carolina are O.k,......all the way to Florida.  Some unwanted
advise...... Don't even us it. If you stay within 10MPH of the limit,
most trooper won't bother you. Just move with traffic  which is usually
10-15 over the speed limit. That way everyone will have a good day. Good
driving....