Roundel shouldn't be illegal: Digest sticker

I don't understand why using the roundel would be illegal to use.  As
long as no one is making a profit in it, what's the harm?  What's the
difference between wearing a BMW t-shirt and wearing a roundel/digest
sticker on our cars?  There's probably a logical explanation for it all
but I'm no lawyer and don't plan on being one.  But just for the heck of
it, has anyone asked BMWNA if they'd mind?

Chuck MacWilliam, R.N.
'92 525i
'85 325e
'90 Chevy Silverado