<E30> Instability on Bumps at High Speed

On I-40 my 86 325 seems to "loose it" slightly
when it goes over a series of bumps at about 70
to 80 mph, it feels as though the car would go to
either left or right if you didn't steer just a little to
put it back straight. My shocks have a little bit
of life left in them. Could this be a result of worn
out bushings ? Or could the front suspension have
something to do with it ? In in-town driving the
symptoms don't seem to be apparent at all
probably due to lower speed. Thanks for your
insights.

Mike