Digest logo / sticker

Chris, with all due respect (whatever that means, but it sounds good to
use that cliche), one thing many of us like about the Digest is its
independence from all the other BMW organizations around the world.  Of
course, I'm ignoring the fact that the Digest used to be "affiliated" or
"supported by" the BMW CCA.  That whole episode with the BMW Logo Police
(lawyers) left a bad taste in my mouth.  Also, I've seen all the
suggested designs to which you referred, and none of them really "feels"
like the Digest.

Of course, it is important for any Digest logo to not infringe on the
BMW trademark.  But I'm sure the collective Digest can come up with a
design that says "Digest" without looking like we gave in to the BMW
Logo Cops.

Of course, this is just my opinion and does not necessarily represent
the opinions of the other 3000 or 4000 members of this list.

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977

>Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 17:47:51 EST
>From: CLordan150@domain.elided
>Subject: Digest logo / sticker
>
>The International Council of BMW Clubs has a guideline booklet for BMW
>enthusiast organizations which lays out the conditions under which the roundel
>can be incorporated into a club-type logo. Perhaps the winning design could be
>joined with these "approved" styles to show a true tie-in. There are about 10
>shapes and styles to choose from, all displaying the German penchant for good
>order and neatness.
<snip>