OBC troubleshooting update

 Recently, in a post asking for help troubleshooting
the external temperature feature of my OBC, I stated
the following:

  Replaced temperature sensor.
  Wiring harness for sensor is good.
  Connectors for temperature sensor are good.
  5.04VDC exist between blue wire and ground.
  There is continuity between the brown wire and ground.

 I am currently focusing my efforts on the return side
of the temperature sensor.

 According to Bentley, the return voltage from the sensor
is routed to the instrument cluster in addition to the OBC.
I believe this current is shorting to ground somewhere in the
instrument cluster thus preventing it from reaching the OBC.

 Does anybody know what part of the insrument cluster might
be faulty? I dont believe the service indicators have worked
properly since I bought the car, but this has never affected the
outside temperature readout of the OBC.

 Any help would be greatly appreciated.

 Thank you.

 James