Radar Jammer Snake Oil

David Koretz Wrote:
.................Active jammers were outlawed in most if not
all states to my knowledge. They are quite effective and quite illegal.
The
passive jammers are much less effective.

End of quote

Active jammers were, if I am not much mistaken, made illegal by the FCC.
In the not too distant past a device did not need a FCC license if the
emitted power was 500 mW or less.

There was a review of the then available active jammers in the Roundel,
around '94 or '95. As I recall the probability of passing undetected
through a radar trap  was around 50 to 70 percent.

Passive jammers are nothing more than electronic snake oil. They do not
work and are based on BS and pseudo science. They are effective only at
parting fools from their money. The passive jammer from Rocky Mountain
was also reviewed by Craig Peterson (sp?) in the Roundel, who concluded
that the device was outright fraud.

Peter du Bois