Re: HD VS Sport Shocks

I agree with Don.

When I replaced the stock springs/shocks/bars on my E30 318i, I spoke
with Bilstein about the choice of HD or Sport shocks/struts.  I was
installing Eibach Pro-Kit springs and wanted to put the best matched
Bilstein shock/strut with them.  The guy at Bilstein told me that, for
my application, that the stock HD and Sport shocks/struts use the same
valving. The difference between them is that the Sport shock/strut is
shorter, and is designed to compress to a smaller length before it hits
the internal compression limits.

He also said that there is the possibility of bottoming out and damaging
the HD shock/strut when using shorter springs, and that it would be
considered damage not covered by the lifetime warranty.

That was enough to convince me to put on the Sport shocks/struts.

- -rb