Re:<E28> Leak Around Pressure Regulator ?

Danny asks about E28 fluid leaks:
<snip>
1. Can a bad brake bomb cause a power steering fluid leak around the
regulator area.  I have not noticed the normal systoms associated with a
bad bomb.

2. Are the 2 pressure switches on the pressure regulator interchangeable?
I suspect that one of the switches has cracked and is causing the
leak....haven't been able to prove that yet.  If they are interchangeable,
I'll swap them and see if that helps locate the leak.
<snip>

Danny,

1.  A bad brake bomb will result in a very stiff pedal, and the brake light
normally flickers
while this is happening.  I personally have not seen mine leak, but YMMV.

2.  The switches are NOT interchangable.  One is a high pressure switch and
the other is
low pressure.  I am not sure what the ramifications of switching them are,
but I assume it will
not be good.  The switches are the main source of leaks in my experience.
If you order
them throught the mail instead of buying them at the dealer you should be
able to get them
for under $50.  If you need the part numbers, let me know and I will go get
the boxes out
from the garage and e-mail them to you (I keep spares).

Shane Kleinpeter
BMWCCA #110057
'88 535is

                                  n n n n