<E28> Leak Around Pressure Regulator ?

I have an '84 533I that has developed a leak around the pressure regulator
and would like some input from the list as to possible causes.  The leak
isn't real bad yet...I usually have a small wet spot under the car after it
sits for a while.  So here are a couple questions that I could use in put
on:

1. Can a bad brake bomb cause a power steering fluid leak around the
regulator area.  I have not noticed the normal systoms associated with a
bad bomb.

2. Are the 2 pressure switches on the pressure regulator interchangeable?
I suspect that one of the switches has cracked and is causing the
leak....haven't been able to prove that yet.  If they are interchangeable,
I'll swap them and see if that helps locate the leak.

3. Any other things I should be looking at that could cause the problem?

Thanks,
Danny Taylor
Warrenton, VA

90 E32 (735il)