<E30> hub-centric help

just wondering,

I understand all about +1 sizing (+2 etc), tire aspect ratios, offsets etc
but what about the size of the hub ?

I am looking for some bigger wheels for my E30 325i and have been looking
for some used 15"x7" (~24mm offset) or some 16"x7.5" (~somewhere 24-30mm)..
(bolt pattern is a common 4x100mm)

my rubber is worn and I figure I might as well go +size before buying next
summer's rubber

but what about hub-centric-ness ?

ie: bmw wheels (and most others?) are hubcentric, the hole in the wheel
fits exactly over a lip on the hub and that is what supports the car
(lug bolts just hold the wheel laterally to the hub, they don't support
 weight)

anybody know what diameter hole you need for an e30 4 bolt bmw ?

anybody know what diameter japanese (ie toyota, nissan) hubs are ?
what about volkswagen ? all have available 4x100mm bolt patterns but will
 they work ?

is there an international standard (ya right!?)

chris pawlowicz
'89 325i
'74 2002