E36 Airbag disconnected while Andy slept

Andy wrote:   I think there was talk months ago about plans for
federal legislation to immunize those who disable
airbags at the request of the owners from lawsuits
- - -- was such legislatiion passed while I was
sleeping?

Yes, and you got engaged to Sandra Bullock at the same time.   No, truly,
the fed legislation did not immunize anyone from lawsuits, you can't do
that unless you're a tobacco company, but it does permit people to put
disconnect switches in their car without breaking federal law.

Of course, I could be wrong.   YMMV, NVIAS, VWP.

You know, I got flamed once for asking what "Sharked" meant, and the flamer
suggested that I check the digest FAQ.   Well I did, and there is no FAQ
(that I could find) that explained all of the nicknames and acronyms and
whatnot that are used here.    A lot of you guys seem to have a lot of free
time (hell, you'd have to just to read all of the crap floating around
here) so maybe someone could do a list.   I, of course, am much too busy,
plus I'd just make up silly acronyms to keep myself amused.

TTFN

Michael