<ALL> No FM

I finally got to work my 86 325's factory radio and managed
to check the FM antenna connection which was okay. AM
catches on fine but FM won't. It only happened once a
few weeks ago, when I had tuned the radio and I went out
and came back and found the radio playing an FM station
but the minute I tried to seek another station it went dead
and FM has been off since then. My power antenna does
not retract fully (as in go down unless you push it down
a bit) so its always up. My side 2 doesn't play any tape
even after demagnetizing, well it does occasionally but
very unclearly. Any insight into what I can to do other than
get a new stereo would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Mike Theuri
86 325