Motronic

Hello all,

I am a new subcriber (today) and a serious BMW fan from Finland. Yes, I
must be as I just bought a tax free M535i '86, shipped from Germany and
have now taken it it all into pieces - very, very small. I renewed my
current 520i '83 a few years ago (mainly bodywork, paint, interior) and
now it is time to upgrade all mechanical parts from the new M535i. It
make no sence to brake a fully working car but the tax for cars is so big
here that this is the only way I can drive a M535i at the moment. Well,
at least you get everything in perfect condition at the end.

The car is working very well and the motor seems to be in a extreamly
good condition and reacts immediately when the pedal is pressed.
Actually, the motor felt so good that I suspected that the ship has been
changed to the DME. On the outside of the box there has been hand writen
3,5  x35i  Bj-> (x could be 7?) and on the bosch lebal 0 261 200 061 and
1 288 138.9. Inside the box the chip (that can be pressed into place) had
the following code: 1267355162. Can anyone or know anyone who could tell
whether this chip / DME is standard? If this is from a 735i, what is the
difference?

Best regards,

Tom Kalves (k140119@domain.elided)