Re: Direct import service

Blake,

Just posting my personal experience with warranty service at Direct
Imports since September, somewhat after your experience with your
a/c problem.  It could change at any time.  My mechanic was Joe, and
that may make a difference.  Also, A/C may be handled by other
people, so I'll have to watch out, but exactly who in Gainesville can
do a/c?  Definitely not Pep Boys.  Took my Town & Country there and
they just about destroyed it.  They were nice, too.  Granted, nice
doesn't mean good, but its better than mean.  Did you try to talk to
the service manager or owner about your problem?  Of course the guys
down the road at Continental or even Jerry Bush (honest, but less
experienced than Continental with BMW) are excellent mechanics, but
right now, I'm still under warranty, and Jacksonville is to far to go
if I don't have to.  By the way the trasmission work was done in a
few hrs, and it shifts a bit easier and goes into first every time,
now.

Jerry