Digest Logo Contest

Some of you may recall about a year ago.......

Subject:
            BMW Digest Propeller Head Logo Contest
       Date:
            Mon, 01 Dec 1997 12:05:56 -0500
       From:
            Chris Brennan <chrislb@domain.elided

Chris Brennan wrote:

> Ben Liaw and I (and Steve D. and others, I suppose) missed each other at
> Pocono.  Through e-mail we both agreed there should be a way of
> recognizing fellow Digesters in public.
>
> I therefore proclaim:
>
> The BMW Digest Propeller Head Logo Contest:
>
> Rules: none really (apply KISS method)
>
> Prize: $250 cash money (can you see the green when I grin?)  Be famous!
>
> If you have a submission e-mail me for an address.
>
> Deadline: later,

> Prize: winner gets $250 to spend on Holiday gifts, beer, pizza, UUC
goodies, etc

> There will be hats, tees, and stickers produced and available once the
> contest is over.  NOTE:  All proceeds from sales of the above will go to
> the Keep the BMW Digest Alive Foundation.
>
> Chris Brennan  BMW CCA #19577

>DEADLINE:  11:59:59PM 12/15/97
>e-mail entries to me: chrislb@domain.elided
>FYI, I've received some great entries...all winners in my book.  Judging
>will have a short window so the winner will have his/her prize before
>X-mas.  All Digesters will have an opportunity to vote at a website TBD.
>Stay tuned for further details.

I started something a year ago I could not finish.  Family circumstances
suddenly changed and I never followed through on the contest.  In order to
assuage my guilt after a year I will pony up the $250 prize money.  And help
in any way possible.  Stickers ,hats, etc. should be produced and sold
whereby profits go to Richard to support the digest--or support regional
gatherings?

I know I received entries from Mike Biles and Rob Levinson last year.  They
were great.  You guys still have them?

Chris Brennan
BMW CCA #19577