Re: Sticky Starter Solenoid?

> Of late, when starting my E28 (particularly when cold), the engine fires
> up fine, but I hear the starter continue to turn, clashing with the teeth on
> my flywheel (manual tranny).  I quickly kill the ignition, start again, and
> all's well.  Even noted once when I killed the ignition, the engine continue
> to turn over via the starter.

> Sticky solenoid, or some kind of lockout/electrical  problem in my ignition
> switch?

I solved this with a new starter motor, it's a common
problem. The motor is so hard to replace I wouldn't like to
try and guess a fix only to have to remove it again a few
weeks later. Get a Bosch reccon starter, a good investment
for a car with 105K miles like yours.

- --
Email: john@domain.elided, John G.Burns B.Eng, Aberdeen, Bonny Scotland
Web  : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!