Washers. How to ask for them without taking the one I took off to the shop?

I want to change the aluminium crush washers on my car - oil, diff, etc. - =
and wondered if anyone could help me out with the sizes so I did not have =
to take off the washer, jog to the local hardware store with it in my =
hand, jog back with something that looks like and then install it.

If I do not have the size, is there some other way - catalog number - that =
I can ask for these washers?

Thanks.

Neil Deshpande
1988 325 is