Re: <E30> Clutch replacement- any hints?

Hi Leo,

Before you go and buy the clutch, have you ascertained that it is in fact
a worn clutch?  Failing master and/or slave cylinders can frequently cause
the same effect (little effective travel).  Look for leaking fluid around
the master and slave cylinders (telltale drops around the rubber boots).

Hope this helps.

- -Jefrem Iwaniw, jiwaniw@domain.elided, '72 2002, '94 525i
Keller, TX

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, Leo Dennis wrote:

> Hello:
>
> Judging from the little effective clutch pedal travel (maybe an inch?),
> I think I am up for a clutch job. I will also do the tranny mounts at
> the same time.
	<snip>