re: M3 or 328is decision assistance

>From: Mark Hansen <mhansen@domain.elided>
>
>Well, after being BMW-less for a year and a half I just can't stand it
>any longer. I'm torn between an M3 and a 328is with sports package. I'm
>looking for some help in my decision.
>
>To those of you who may have been in the same boat, what decision did you
>make and what swayed you that direction? Can't afford new so I'm
>considering a 95-96 M3 or a 96-97 328is.

Mark,

I've just been faced a similar dilemma, and I totally agree with George
Kofman.  To me there is nothing that feels as good as driving the M3.  Try
to get a test drive in both cars on the same day and see how you feel.  If
in your opinion there isn't that much to choose between them, save some
money and go with the 328is.  It's certainly a great car.  For me the
decision was easy once I admitted to myself that although I didn't need the
M3, I really wanted it.  The pure fun factor was more than worth the price
difference between the cars.  I still look forward to my commute every day,
and have been known to simply go past my mail box..........:-)

Cheers,

Peter Reinhart
M3/4 (totally stock.......for now)