<E36>M3 DYNO RESULTS, EURO HFM & ...

Hi all,

As posted back in October, I dynoed my
 95' M3 engined 325i before and after installing the
euro HFM kit ( euro HFM/ euro airbox/ JC chip ), the results were:

Stock:
              205.4 HP
             199.1 lb-ft  Torque
- -- M3 exhaust, drop in K&N filter

Euro HFM Kit:
            206.5 HP
            199.1 lb-ft Torque
- --M3 exhaust, Euro HFM, Euro air box, JC chip, drop in K&N filter

After posting this results and expressing my disappointment with
the lack of power gains, I was advised by many ( including JC) to
get rid of the Euro airbox and use a shielded K&N cone filter instead.

I followed the advice and got rid of the Euro air box - the car felt
faster and more responsive.  I also replaced the stock M3
muffler with an HKS unit, mainly for the weight saving
( I did not think there would be any significant power gains
from the HKS muffler).

Well, here are the Dyno results:

- --Euro HFM, JC chip, Euro airbox, drop in K&N, HKS muffler:
    215 HP
    207 lb-ft Torque

- --Euro HFM, JC chip, shielded K&N cone, HKS muffler
    213.7 HP
    204.2 lb-ft Torque

- --Euro HFM, JC chip, K&N cone with NO shield, HKS muffler
     210.8 HP
     201.8 lb-ft Torque

To my surprise the best setup seems to be the euro airbox
with the HKS exhaust - 8.5 HP & 8 lb-ft gain over the same
setup with the stock M3 muffler, there are gains from
3000 rpm all the way to 6500.

It seems to me that all the gains over stock are due to the
HKS muffler, I wish I could test the HKS muffler with the stock HFM
and JC chip ( I'm to lazy to start opening the DME again ... ).

Sorry, for the long post.

Igor