RE: R-12

R-12 is still available, but is very costly.  We currently
sell it at $38.85 a pound.  Laws concerning selling, buying,
venting and recovery of any type of refrigerant are very
strict.  Just the other day we tried to dump an old (already
reclaimed) R-12 ice machine at a local scrap yard and were
sent away to bring back copies of the Tech's refrigerant
certification card and information on what kind of reclaim
machine was used.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  But if you are replacing
the compressor and/or condenser you might as well look into
changing over to R-134a.  R-12 is being phased out and the
price per pound will continue to rise.

/\/\ike \/\/hite (White's Heating & Cooling, Inc.)
(OO=00=OO)
87' 325iS
76' 3.0Si