1979 BMW 730 Euro

I have a 1979 BMW 730 European model for sale.  I am asking $2,000.  Yes
I know that this is tacky.....So!  I have had to replace the Solex 4-bbl
with a Holley 450 cfm carb from Jam Engineering in Monterey, CA.  The
Solex was so worn when I bought the car that the secondaries butterflies
would hang-up in their bores at full throttle (paassing and merging) and
create quite a bit of excitement.  It would not have been so exciting if
I had and automatic trans instead of the 4-speed manual.  The body is in
great condition.  The engine is in good  condition.  The car is 20 years
old with 700,000 kilometers of road behind it.  My wife talked me into a
Volvo 740 Turbo Wagon and I had to choose between the 730 sedan and the
1983 BMW 320is coupe.  The sedan lost.  Too many vehicles, too few
parking spaces.

On a lighter note, the 320 needs a new "skin" for the driver's OEM
Recaro seat.  Does anyone know of a source for the replacement
materials.  It looks as though the seat and back inserts are perforated
vinyl and the bolsters are leather.

We prefer the old BMW styling, pre-1984, because the back-cut nose and
the proportion of the kidney grille is more appealing to us.  The
technologies of the last 15 years is wonderful but has driven the cost
of ownership too high and the wind tunnel styling exercises are creating
plain vanilla forms.

Enough babble for now.

Norm Rindal
1979 730 Bronze Metallic