Re: Wheel fitment

The "s" used to signify "sport", but on the E36's in the US the "s" just
denotes a coupe, as opposed to the sedan or convertible that's just plain
"i".  It may have a stiffer suspension than a sedan or convertible, but my
car didn't come with the sport package from the factory.  (However, if BMW
officially recommends getting the M suspension with M wheels I may actually
have that and don't know it-the guy I bought it from was well-off but not
really a bimmerphile, so he may have been the kind of guy who told the
dealer to do whatever they thought best and put it on the ol' Visa.)  But
AFAIK, I have a non-sport suspension with M3 wheels and no rubbing.  If your
friend has had the M Contours for even a week or so I would think you should
be able to look at the tire and fender to see if they've rubbed.
- --Lane Flynn
94 325is

>Forgive my ignorance, but I thought a 325is has a sports suspension.
Doesn't