Windshield Glass

John Weese asked what type of windshield glass is recommended.

John,
I had my e28 windshield replaced and requested German glass, as
digesters have found US glass to have visual distortion problems.  The
installed glass has the following marks:
     SIGLA,  E2, 43R-001171,  DOT-347, AS-1, M7
Of course I have no idea what any of that means.
The glass however has no discernable distortion, and none of the 160,000
miles worth of sand pits of the predecessor!  While I asked for new
lockstrips, and was told that would be no problem, the field installer
did not pick up on that, and reinstalled the oxydized ones.  The
installation however was clean, and it eliminated a seeping water leak I
had had for some time.

I have heard that the black M5 lockstrips are available, but I suspect
difficult to find, so if you think those should be replaced for any
reason I suggest researching that part early.