Re: <E36> ///M clutch???

"Mudry, Robert (CAP, AMR)" wrote:

> Here is a question for all you E36 parts gurus...  Is the clutch on the '96+
> M3 different from the one on the '96+ 328is?
> TIA

Yes... they are both 240mm, but the clutch disc, pressure plate, throw out
bearing and flywheel all have different part numbers.  I've never had the 328
parts to compare to the M3, so I can't comment on what the specific differences
may be.  I would *assume* you could still interchange the parts, but BMW has
become a bit more tricky than they used to be ;)

- --
Jason Lile                               Administrator
Parts Manager                            BMW Parts Digest
Zionsville Autosport
http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com