Yes , bolt on can produce HP

Message text written by INTERNET:bmw@domain.elided
>I don't know what type of car you have but on almost all the VW Gti's,
Porsche's and BMW's I have hot rodded over the years you just don't get a=
much power with simple bolt on's. With most BMW's and Porsche's you can't=

just
yank the cam out and stick a new one in, GTi's yes. Especially the older
BMW's
the head has to come off. <

Why is it so hard to accept a dyno run.   I just can't get over the
resistance of the reality of =

what works.

Ok, you say porsches  or BMWs cant be improved like that.    Let me tell
you again, and I have all the dyno runs to prove the gains on the porsche=
,
and the BMWs

On the porsche, yes the cams were the biggest waste of time and pain in t=
he
ass  of any thing Ive done.   should have just pulled the motor and strok=
ed
it.   =

Headers 12 hp  =

race exhaust 12hp
cams , intake runners, throttlebody,( all  stock for the euro version)   =

45 hp
ERAM  9hp
Rising rate fuel regs 2 -4hp

not to mention all of the little gainers like red line oil, k/n air
filters, and wires that I did in the beginning and noticed nothing.

so, there is your 75 to90 hp.   REmember, some of the euro versions of
Porsche and BMWs , like E30s had restrictive intake and exhaust systems. =
 =

If you open those up, you can get gains.   Remember what I said about the=

porsche, its EURO couter part the 928 euro, was 310 hp verse the american=

smog version that was 234hp.      The only difference was cams, runners
throttle body,
(just like I changed) and bigger valves and higher compression.     I mad=
up some of that with the headers and race exhaust, as a header and race
exhaust euro is in the 350 hp range.    So, Im at 300 now, just 10 hp sho=
rt
of the euro version, and when I put the High compression pistons, and
bigger valves , I should be in the 330 range.  =

Point is that the E30 with race exhaust, headers, cams, throttle body,
runners, and maybe loose the AFM and put a conforti chip, may go from 184=

hp to 230 .     Believe me , I want to get my partners E30 on the dyno as=

he has done a little less, but is stroked.
He is expecting 240 hp , or (200 to the ground)        =

All of the bolt on stuff is usually additive, and it it hard to improve o=
the M3 E30 motor , I agree, but Im sure , the E38 has room for improvemen=
, or it would have passed the US smog and emmision standards.

the moral of the story, Ive done the mods, Ive dynoed the results,and you=

still dont believe me.  What do I have to do for you guys???
1  .   Ive dynoed,
2.    Ive seen the track times go down as Ive videoed every lap Ive ever
taken, and Ive taken a lot.
3.  Ive done 60-100 tests for 20 cars and logged results   (bmws, 911
tubos, 993s, 928s, 928S4s, fiats, vets, vipers and mustangs)

I dont think anyone on this list has done the homework on all the areas I=
ve
discussed on this thread.

If Im wrong, let me know what Im missing.   otherwise, if I give you a dy=
no
run, its the truth and it makes sense.

Respectfully,

Mark Kibort