Response to Chris Bourk ERAM questions

Message text written by INTERNET:bmw@domain.elided
>From: ChrisBourk@domain.elided
Subject: Re: Are erams hair dryers in disguise?

The truth is, all the people who post on the list who are happy with the =
JC
chip, short shift kits, headers, exhaust, etc.  NO ONE posts in support o=
the
electric hair dryer mark sells as a *supercharger*.  =

Mark,  I have a question for you: do you even own a BMW??

Something strikes me odd about someone wanting to sell engineering
expertise
about a car they has so little understanding of.

Aren't you even a little bit embarrassed?
<

Chris, =

I have 4 bmws and one co-owned bmw e30 race car.   I know your cars well =
,
as they are fine machine , but suffer from
the choking that the manufactures have been trying to solve for decades. =
 =

AIR FLOW!   =

No one has posted in support of the Eram, because noone has tried or dyno=
ed
it.   I would entertain any reasonable discussion of WHY IT WOULDNT WORK.=
  =

 If it works on a congested 4 banger 88hp honda, and a fire breath'n 250h=
V8.  why wouldnt it work on a E30 or E38.   or any of the models with the=

inlet accesable to the airbox.     The E-RAM is only 400 watts, 30 amps o=
fairly efficient electrical power creating a lot more air mass flow  than=
shop vac, or a hair dryer.     a 1.5 hp shop vac only puts out 200 cfm at=
 3
psi, where E-RAM creates a little pressure but matches the engine flow
requirements. (ie, 250 -500 cfm) at a slight pressure.

As Ive mentioned many times, it really is a electric ram air device.  If
you get to the track or want or value a 4-5% gain, maybe its for you, if
not, dont dog it.

Please educate me on my understanding of your car relating to any of my
posts.

Do you or have you thought about how the E-RAM works ?

Mark Kibort
www innoventions.org      (still underconstruction)    offer still stands=

for a  FREE dyno run , if one of the runs has the ERAM on it.