internet/classified buying

>With the Internet it has now become possible to find numerous BMW's for sale
>nationwide.  Has anyone purchased a vehicle via the Internet, or Roundel?  I
>have a higher level of confidence buying from a fellow BMW CCA member through
>the Roundel, than I would "Joe Blow."  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Well, I purchased my new M3 via the Internet, using Steve Diamond at
Eurobuyers (www.eurobuyers.com). Steve & I corresponded exclusively via
email, and he was helpful and responsive to my questions, and was able to
find nearly the perfect car I was looking for (given that the M3 Sedans had
been out of production for several months - not bad at all).

All in all, it was quite literally the easiest car purchase I've ever made.

Cheers,
Jim Bassett
Walnut Creek, CA
1998 M3/4