HD or sport?

hi,

just to give you a little background before i start: the car is a 95 325i
with sport package. my setup was just h&r sport with stock sport package
shocks (if it matters). and i purchased a set of used bilsteins from a
friends of mine for a really GOOD deal and installed them just yesterday.
when i bought them he said they were bilstein sport, and just to check, i
looked it up in the bav catalog because it had the part number on it, it was
V36 4009 and V36 4010 => sport.

well, to get to the point, when i had the stock shocks off, i compared them
to the bilsteins, and they were a bit longer than my stock ones, hum...
interesting, so then when i installed both of them on and when i took the
car off the jack stands they raised my car!! should the shocks do that?? i
heard that the HD shocks raise your car a little but not the sport. so what
the heck?? could it be because of my sport packaged shocks that made it
lower before i had the bilsteins?? or could the shocks be HD??

i'd ask my friend to make sure but he is on a trip for about a week and i'm
just DYING TO KNOW!! so if anyone has some insights on this PLEASE email me!!

thanks

paul