Answer to GREY regarding ERAM and other calculations.

Message text written by INTERNET:bmw@domain.elided
> GGray  >>

On the subject of erams,  I responded to mark's e-mail and asked what
formula
he used to explain his hp claims.  That was about a week ago.....still
waiting
to hear..
<

Just responded, been traveling.   =

I think that you and others will agree, we all hope for the 20% adder, bu=
never seem to find it  very easily
Usually, everything that we do, is a pain in the _______    but always
seems to be about a  5 to 7 percent HP adder.

This is not bad, but sure lower than all of our expectations.   If you ev=
er
go to a dyno, the dyno graph will always be lower than you would have
hoped.    =

I remember everytime feeling so fast because of my loud headers , only to=

find that they only bought a surely welcomed, 12 or so HP average.   What=

was surprising was the intake runners, TB and cams when the dyno run was =
45
hp to the rear wheels more.
that was exciting, but was very expensive and a lot  of work.  =

So, the ERAM was equally surprising as My calculations told me of a 15 to=

20 hp gain , and I only came up with a respectable 9hp.
the Dyno guy was amazed, but  after awhile, I was too.     After going ba=
ck
thru all of my calculations of air density, pressures, vacuums,  and HP
gains expected, I realized all of my measurements were fudged to the
upside.   As they added up, they made the expected outcome too high!!    =

When I recalculated, the dyno results made perfect sense.

So , the moral of the story is that most all big ticket items  only give =
7%
or so.   (except forthe big stuff like strokers, and major head work, whi=
ch
the gains are truely impressive)    (not challenging Conforti's chips as
they may be more, and truly in line with the big stuff)       We are
talking big stuff like , cool air systems,  airfilters, cams headers,
throttle bodies, ERAMS, ram air devices, injectors, RRFPRS, wires, oil,
common chips,  exhausts, etc)
  =

IMO

Mark Kibort