Over-revving

Everyone on the list.

Didnt mean to mislead by stating that the overrev would be stopped by a
computer on a mis-shift while decel or downshift senerio.

I was talking only about over reving on a misshift , as the computer will=

cut off fuel and stop that type of over rev .

on a downshift mis gear overrev, you  are right.     Is that common
though??    In all my track days , I have never mis shifted and let go of=

the clutch.   Usually, when you mis a gear, the motor overrevs due to no
load and full throttle.   (I have disabled my rpm cut off)

If you select a gear and are in decel mode, you usually dont accel to
higher revs unless you are pointed down a cliff.

Just a little misunderstanding, should have been more clear.

Mark