Re: Squeaky Clutch Pedal

I had the same problem with my 328i.  The squeaking was really irritating.
I brought it in to Peter Pan BMW (in San Mateo, south of San Francisco).
The tech couldn't replicate the noise, but the shop foreman (Michael) had a
good ear and he located it during a test drive with me.  They've ordered a
new bushing and will replace it under warranty.  I'm sure that your dealer
can do the same for you.  While the design may be defective, the service
people implied that a new nylon bushing will eliminate the noise.  We'll
see.

By the way, if you have squeeks and rattles in your car, you may want to
bring it in before the warranty expires.  I had some in the rear that were
super annoying, and the dealer adjusted the fold down rear seats and the
rear doors, and will replace the drivers side door panel (it wasn't in
stock), all for free under warranty.  Now, the car is quiet and rattle free
inside again (apart from a loose glovebox door which I didn't put together
properly when I installed the alarm . . . . ).

Good luck!

Jay Sala
BMW CCA, Golden Gate Chapter
328i