Rear sunshades

I would like some opinions on what to use on the rear window of my E30 325i
to stop the sun a little bit. I live in New Zealand and the sun can be quite
harsh. I would like to put something on the back window to block some of the
sun. The options appear to be venetians or some kind of stick on film -
external louvres aren't available.

I think the venetians might be a little old person-ish and external louvres
aren't available as far as I know, so film might be it. I saw some which was
directional - you can only see though it from inside the car or directly
behind. If you look down on the back window it just looks black. Does any
body know what this stuff is, and where I might be able to get it?

Thanks
Allan Williams
91 E30 325i SE/4 5spd
" Yeah, well my other car is a VW!"