Re: #592 AMS Oil

<<
 Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 09:14:58 -0500
 From: Sir Thomas Toad <badfrog@domain.elided>
 Subject: Re: bmw-digest V9 #592 AMS Oil

 <<<Friend,
     AMSOil is the best, it is more expensive than the rest. They have a 3
million
 dollar guarantee if your engine fails during normal usage they will pay the
cost of
 repairs/damages up to 3 million $ if the product was used in accordance with
their
 requirements. This means a break in period of 10k miles and a compression
check
 verifying good rings.>>>

Sounds to me like someone is leaving out the fine print, like if the engine
fails as a result of the oil perhaps???

<<The gear case got hot but you could still put your hands on
 it. He finished the season and made full profit on the crops. He stood to
lose a
 great deal if the harvest wasn't done I am not talking just cash either.>>

Here is the question I have,  sinse 75% of the temperature of oil in an engine
comes from it's own molecules rubbing together, and that oil doesn't lubricate
properly until it reaches a certain temperature, what are you telling me?

I think AMSOIL is good oil,  Just can't find any documentation that supports
it's better than Mobil 1 or Redline.  One thing I have noticed though is that
the people who post on the subject of how good Amsoil is never seem to argue
from an engineering or technical stand point - always from an an anecdotal - I
knew a guy,  I've always used, etc, etc, etc.

Christopher