The Case of the Disappearing Bubbas

I think that the deal is pretty simple... the was a pretty pile of junk mail
thrown onto the list that discounted the value of some of the techdudes
otherwise known as bubbas.  This group has demonstrated their value as free
and often humorous experts in BMW Q&A.

This list can reflect on the behavior of discounting or trivializing them in
their self imposed absence from here.  My guess is that there is another
listserv where the merrymakers are enjoying their company and sharing a
wealth of information.

The list is quieting down somewhat again, but we all know that it will flame
up from time to time.  This seems to happen mostly when new subscribers
appear and do not understand the culture of this list and so step on a
landmine by breaching nettiquette.  Those of us who have lived on the
Internet since the dark ages have seen the cyclic patterns of flame wars and
know that (unless Master Welty chooses to throw his hands up in digust)
sooner or later things clam down.

I do not know who the bubbas are.  That is for them to decide.  I have not
participated in a Pizzafest due in no small part to living in the PacNW.  I
HAVE been treated to very good technical information and advice from this
group as well as from many others on this list over the years who probably
are not bubbas.

I hope that these guys do not bail outta here and take Duane at his word
that they will return after 12/4.  During the interlude, we can think about
polite list behavior and how to live with others opinions without personal
attacks.

Happy Thanksgiving to those of you who celebrate it.  Have a peach of a
weekend to the rest of you.

Cheers,

Jan Nelson
82 745i