over-rev protection

<< Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 10:12:28 -0800
 From: "Kusik, Todd" <tkusik@domain.elided>
 Subject: '95 M3 Over-Rev/Class action law suit?

 Need information about the E36 class action lawsuit.  I also over-revved my
 '95 M3 motor.  I feel that BMW should share some of the blame, at least sell
 me an engine at a discount.  Even Automobile magazine says it is easy to
 miss a shift in the '99 M-Coupes.  Will BMW ever add protection against this
 problem?

 Todd Kusik ('95 M3 Avus - 0HP) >>

In reading the subject line at first I thought this was some kind of joke - I
guess not.  But really - a class action lawsuit for people who have over-reved
their engines - is this really taking place?  How BMW can "protect" against a
missed shift is beyond me.  If this keeps up we'll all be driving automatics.
How's that for protection.

Scott Hemauer
'94 325i - awesome gearbox
'95 Mitsu Eclipse GSX - typical "cable" shifter sloppiness