Re: over-revving issue

<snip>
A lot of people invested enough money in an M3 to postpone their
retirement significantly.  They deserve to get what they bargained for.
I'd also like to provide BMW with an incentive to build better cars in
the future.
<snip>

Oh please, if there are people who truly postponed their retirements
"significantly", then, I contend, either they really couldn't afford
their M3 in the first place(come on, repeat after me...I do not live
beyond my means), or they can't figure out where the $35K+/- they spent
on the M3 really belongs. Getting what they bargained for?? Since when
is BMW the only brand that's supposed to be idiot-proof?? This
discussion of over-revs reminds me of the guy who went in to the doctor
and said "Doc, it hurts whenever I do THIS with my arm"...and I think we
all know what the Doc replied!!

Jerry Roberson
BMW CCA #157891
1975 '02---no, it's not an M3, and, no it's never been over-revved