Like an egg

>Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 10:12:28 -0800
>From: "Kusik, Todd" <tkusik@domain.elided>
>Subject: '95 M3 Over-Rev/Class action law suit?
>
>Need information about the E36 class action lawsuit.  I also over-revved my
>'95 M3 motor.  I feel that BMW should share some of the blame, at least sell
>me an engine at a discount.  Even Automobile magazine says it is easy to
>miss a shift in the '99 M-Coupes.  Will BMW ever add protection against this
>problem?
>
>Todd Kusik ('95 M3 Avus - 0HP)

You're kidding right? You are going to sue BMW because you screwed up? BMW
does offer protection against miss shifting, it is called an automatic. I
have shifted incorrectly in the past (from 5th to 2nd instead of 4th) and
it was because I man handled the shifter, I was lucky that nothing happend
but i NEVER would have gone after BMW or anyone else because of my apparent
inability to correctly drive my car.

I suggest you treat your gear shift knob as it was intended (like an egg)
and not use brutal force in selecting gears.

Dave '87 325 -- Maybe it's just in Canadian but here we take responsibility
for our actions