Blue Bulb Reply

r_browne uses his superior intellect to argue a moot point:

>Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 19:18:44 -0800 (PST)
>From: r browne <r_browne@domain.elided>
>Subject: <misc>"Blue, Blue My bulb is blue."

>In reference to those blue "ion" bulbs that are designed to simulate
>the $$$$ Xenon units popular in Europe, Tim wrote:

><snip>

>Bad boy John...insulting others on the digest...
>2.)  I am not a moron..actually my IQ is 136...:-P
>3.)  Yes, I know those blue lights put out "less" lightthan stock (or
>So I have been told).
>4.)  Some people customize their cars for several
>reasons..they may want performance, a distinct look, or a combination
>of the Two..I happen to have opted for a combination of the two...and
>yes, I Have the blue ion lights, and love them, so....
(profanity ommitted)

==================================
>You know, I don't know if your argument is good for the makers of the
>IQ scoring tests.  Imagine a multiple choice test you give to
>yourself:

You are so funny..Let's examine your intelligence for a moment..You read
my post and missed the point Professor....I like them and I don't care
if they are crappy, look like crap, etc.  The point was i like them, and
i don't really care what you think...Maybe you should read it again.  I
think you may have been a low-scorer on the reading comprehension tests?
No?

>1)Do the stock bulbs work fine.
     >Yes.
SO?

>2)Do I realize that the fake blue bulbs work LESS      effectively?
>    Yes.
Slightly, but it is a compromise...

>3) Is light output important?
>    Yes.
In some cases...

>4)Do I realize that most people look at the blue bulbe on cars and
>either go "Whats wrong with that guys lights?" or either "Theres
>another guy who couldn't afford the real Xenon lights, so he went to
>Pep Boys, and now thinks he's actually fooled someone into believeing
>that those washed out blue ligthts are actually true $$$ Xenon bulbs.
>Ha!"

You missed the point here...I DON'T CARE what you or anybody else
THINKS!

>5)Do I also realize that I have another sensible option, which is to
>upgrade to TRUE European ellipsoid lights, which actually WORK, and
>also give a "distinct" look.

You forgot to answer for me here....Yes, I realize that, but it is not
worth the money, IMHO.  If you think it is, YOU spend the cash and buy
'em for me. Then YOU won't be offended or think I am trying to "fake-it"
with cheap bulbs!

>6)Do I realize that no girls have looked at my car and gone "Ooooh, >he
has the "distinct" look of blue headlights"

I am married, for 7 years....I don't CARE what "girls" think...

>Doesn't take 1 high-IQ to know the right answers to the above
>questions.

The point of my origional reply was that I am not a moron and did not
deserve to be called one simply because I like the bulbs.  It is a
matter of taste--even though they may or may  not be of equal
performance. That does not make me a moron, moron! <g>  If you do not
like them, don't use them.  THAT was my point.  Although all of your
above 6 points may be true, I don't really fricken care......so flock
off.....<VBG>

>Let's say you had a 1999 Ferrari.  Would you put fake "blue" bulbs on
>it? Probably not.  So why put them on a BMW?  No one is fooled by
>them.

You know, I just might!

>If thats customizing, then I guess those Yosemite Sam Mudflaps that
>say BACK OFF!! are customizing items as well.  Not to mention the
>mudflaps with the silhouette of the naked lady lying down..oh yeah,
>thats customizing! <eyes rolling>

Actually Professor, it is.. Any deviation from stock is custom...

>My motto, regarding car "customizing"...when in doubt, leave it out!
>The fake blue bulbs will be passe in about 3 months.  Thats my bet.

EAXACTLY.. YOUR MOTTO.. That is fine with me..but try not to impose your
views and beliefs on others....ok?

>Ron Browne
>1992 318is (no fake blue bulbs)
>Bowie, MD

Sincerely,
Tim Gergen
95 M3 (fake bulbs with scatter beam effect)
Sacramento, CA

>PS..anyone else notice that the fake blue bulbs look different at
>different angles, so that frequently it may appear that only one
>headlight is blue, until you approach the car from a different angle,
>then maybe both look blue?

Actually Professor, look at the PIAA projector foglights...say the 959
model. About 260 bucks and a damn good light!  They look different at
different angles too...your argument that fake bulbs look different at
different angles may be valid, but so do the "good" ones..

>I got it!  ERAM, WWW.JETCAR.COM, and Blue Bulbs.  What a package >deal!
>Maybe Hott Rodd could market the 3 for a bang UP DEAL!.

He probably could...