Celebrities; '81 320i

My comment re Le Ann Rimes was semi tongue in cheek, but I understand she
was at Buttonwillow.  I figured it was an example of someone with far too
much money who just got a license, and instead of some 6 year old Corolla
was throwing around a very nice car.  Never mind.

Contrary to what I signed off with on my last post, I found a deal the wife
admitted we could not pass up.  I have been offered an '81 320i really,
really cheap.  Cheaper than new tires for my current ITC J brand. The
current plan is to prepare it as a SCCA ITB/CCA track car.  Recommendations
and suggestions on what I should look for and how I should proceed are
welcome.  Private e-mail ok.

TIA,

Jerry Phillips