drewragan@domain.elided

 This is incorrect!!  I am in the Coast Guard - we are switching
from red lights to blue for the sole fact that blue is the last color
your eyes see before you get full night vision.  look at any color chart
and see that it starts with white - red is between the white and the
center of the spectrum - the closest color to blach that is useable with
lighting is what color?  Blue!  Blue is the best color for night reading
with the least effect of hurting your night vision.  As for the military
- - - blue is in the process of phasing out the red lights!!

What planet do you live on?  White light is the result of combining RGB.
there is no white on the visable light spectrum.   It starts with Near ir
then red trans to Green trans to blue then violet to near UV.  Of course
there are colors in the middle but not one is white.  As for the military
swhitching I guess someone forgot to tell Boeing.  According to my father
(Head Test Engineer E3 AWACS) Blue is not being placed on any miltitary
aircraft produced by Boeing.  They talked about green since it is the color
the eye sees best but they had night problems so it was scratched.  Green is
used in night vision equipment since the type of gear is left on 90% of the
time it is in use and when they go into a lit area the eye transitions
better from the green to bright light.

Randy Little                       Represented by:
R.S.Little Studio                Jim Zaccaro & Assoc.
Photography & Digital Imaging    http://home.earthlink.net/~jimzacc
http://www.rslittle.com