Anyone know how to beat a carpool ticket in California?

I've been caught!  I was getting on the 10 fwy. today at Bundy Dr. in W.
L.A. and made the bad decision of getting onto the freeway on the
carpool lane because the regular lane was VERY crowded.  Well little did
I know that there were two Highway Patrolmen doing a carpool check there
and I was burned.  Now I'm facing a $300+ ticket and driving school.
(that sucks!!!)  So does anyone know how to beat one of these tickets?
(If it can be beaten at all)  That money could have goon to goodies for
my 325i! :-(  If anyone on the digest uses that entrance to that freeway
BE WARNED!!!  The chips haven't been there for the past month and a half
but I guarantee they will be there for the next month or two (the
officer told me).  Any suggestions will be taken into consideration.
TIA!!!!

Manuel Paredes
1995 325i w/clicking shifter!! (what's up with that?)
BMWCCA L.A. Chapt