<E36 M3> Early M3 more HP??

Sorry for the confusion guys.  My whole point was that before the LTW
came out, the engines that made more HP probably got thrown into the
regular M3's.

I shouldn't make statements like this because surely someone will
disprove what I'm about to say so here goes.  The handpicked LTW
motors had about 15 more horsepower than the regular M3's.  We had a
digester (can't remember his name) that was asking about his dyno
figures.  He said his car dynoed at 213-215hp at the rear wheels in
stock form, that's high for a regular ole M3.  A 95 M3 should have
about 200hp at the wheels, but I've seen that number slightly higher
up to about 208hp.  Beyond that and I'm guessing you have one of the
'good' motors.

Keep in mind we're talking stock motors, if you chip your car, slap a
cone filter on the intake or change the exhaust, your numbers will
probably be higher.  And like Jim C has told us, there are variations
in the motors so what might add 28hp to your car might not work as
well in your buddy's car.

Carlos
95 M3