>Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 08:07:10 +0100
>From: "Joseph (Jay) Fogle" <foglej@domain.elided>
>Subject: E-30 Brake Lining Indicator Lights

>Hi all,

>I read the FAQs but still haven't figured this out. Since I replaced
>the brakes on my 1986 325e the brake lining warning indicator has
>stayed on. I installed new sensors and they appear to be plugged in
>correctly. Is there a "reset" routine for brake light like the rest
>of the service indicators?

>Please help as these lights have to off to pass inspection here in
>Germany and my inspection is due no later than this Wednesday.

>Thanks

>Jay

Jay,
No, there is no reset for the brake lining lights.  You've probably done
something wrong.  The lights should not be illuminated after you install
new sensors.  I suggest that you recheck your work and if all looks
fine, check the sensor harness wires.  If a wire breaks loose, the light
will come on.  Good luck.

Chuck MacWilliam, R.N.
'92 525i
'85 325e