HOW TO REMOVE SWIRLMARKS...

    Hello Everyone,
    It seems that a lot of people have been asking about removing swirl
marks lately.  I have tried nearly every "self-proclaimed" swirl mark
remover or wax out there.  Here's the deal: We can either COVER UP swirl
marks or actually remove them.  The former involves polishing with a
polish with a high oil content such as Meguiars #7.  However, as soon as
the stuff wears off (after a couple of washes) the swirl marks
reappear.  Griot's garage polish #2 and #3 say they remove swirl marks
but they
don't work either.  3M also makes a product called "Swirl Mark
Remover)--one for dark or light paint that doesn't work either.  I tried
it three times and it still didn't work.  Here's what does work to
REMOVE them!!... (almost guaranteed).
    1. Wash the car really, really well.
    2. Clay the car with a paint cleaning clay
    3. Using a random-orbital buffer (no strait drives please), apply
Meguiars #9
    4. Apply Meguiars #7 with the same buffer yet with a new pad.
    5. Apply P-21S "Pre-wax cleaner" by hand
    6. Wax with P21S by hand.
    -----Hope this works.  You could even substitute the P-21S products
for Zymol (bad move) if you're so inclined.
                            --Mike
                            --95 325is, sharked, K+Ned
                            --96 ///M3 EVO, euro-ized.