Sequental Transmissions

The SMG gearbox is pretty cool, however, everyone in Europe I have asked
about it seem to only view it as a cool toy, not a revolutinary gearbox.
They don't exactly think that it is any worse then a normal 6 speed, but
they also don't know if it is really worth that much more.  The ones I drove
were way cool, the only thing I didn't like about it compared to the Ferrari
F355 F1 is that it skips gears on downshifts.   The F1 tranny actually hits
every gear on it's way down, which sounds REALLY ULTRA COOL!

Here is a good question though:  With the engine and the tranny working in
such sync with each other, is it still possible to chip or modify a Euro M3
with the SMG without the tranny beginning to do strange things?

Greg Koenig
'94 Dinanstein