Cleaning Shop Rags

FWIW, I have had excellent results using various hand cleaners such as
'Goop" and 'Gojo Orange' as a pre cleaner.  I have been using the same
package of terry cloth rags from Home Depot for about a year now and
they are still in great shape.  After the Goop treatment, I rinse them
out a bit and toss them in the washing machine in their own load. A
couple of weeks ago I installed new pads and rotors on all corners. Rags
and jeans were trashed with that toxic waste called brake dust, a real
mess. The Gojo Orange cleaned up everything, including my hands. YMMV.

Steve Albrecht
Golden Gate Chapter
'95 540i {w/clean & bright calipers}