Re: <WOB> Parking Lot Stories

> Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 18:24:27 -0500
> From: "John Ward" <jtward@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: Parking lot troubles
>
> Hi, I wanted to thank everyone for their responses to my initial post
> regarding parking. I've heard a lot of answers and everyone has their own
> opinion on the matter. I can respect that. I never expected to recieve so
> many responses! I decided to make on unanimous post because otherwise I
> would be here replying to mail all night. :-) It is a testimonial on how
> well this digest really works. Some of you were sympathetic to my cause
> while others felt I was being a "BMW elitist" for parking at the far end of
> the lot and taking 2 spaces. <snip>

I've rather enjoyed the posts concerning this issue, since I also try to
be very careful how I park.  Did have to pass along an interesting
event, however.  A few days ago I had to stop by the local mall, and as
is my custom parked on the top (that is in this case, second) level of
the garage.  There was literally only one other car in the lot, so I
parked a reasonable distance away from both that car and the entrance.
Emerging ten minutes later, the original "other" car was gone, with two
new ones replacing it - now there were literally three cars in the lot.
Wouldn't you guess, one was parked immediately to my left - it was a two
tone Volvo (that is, grey and rust) and looked like it had been used for
hammer practice!  Fortunately no dings resulted that I have been able to
find.  But why would someone go out of their way to park next to someone
else??  It really doesn't make sense.

Richard A. Perry
BMW CCA #145032
Boston Chapter