BMW Workers Drinking Beer?

<snip>
>2. Octoberfest is a gathering of 30 million people in Munich
>    alone, where 30 million liters of suds are consumed over
>    a two week period - the worlds largest beer party.
>    With the proximity to Regensberg and Dingolfing, I'd have
>    to guess a fair number of attendees are also the ones
>    assembling our cars. I think I'd avoid any BMW with a
>    build date in October.
<snip>
>Terry Lee
>BMWCCA GGC
'>93 325is

Actually,

I have known a few German exchange students during my time in engineering
school.  These students were all from Munich, and had done summer
internships at BMW.  They said that it was totally normal for the assembly
workers to have a few (or more!) bears during their lunch breaks.

Gustave Stroes
88 M3
Redondo Bch, CA