Jim C OBD-II software

Jim C,

I agree with you completely that dyno charts and performance numbers are
marketing tricks.  But I don't need an MBA to point out that good marketing
techniques help the sales numbers.  Let's take a look at your OBD-II code
sales...  You have published a dyno chart for the OBD-II M3 on your website
and look at your OBD-II M3 sales.  Now look at your OBD-II 328 sales.  Don't
forget to take into consideration the number of 328's sold vs. M3's...  If
you're still telling me that you have proportional sales numbers between 328
and M3's OBD-II equipped cars, then I'm wrong and I'll gladly buy/send you a
case of beer of your choice.

Ok, so it may be very difficult to dyno an OBD-II car...  Thanks for sharing
the problem with us.  But wouldn't it be worth your time to get a volunteer
OBD-II 328 and dyno it  properly with your OBD-II software?   I'm mean, you
are in the business of "chipping" cars, aren't you?

At the last NCC Autocross (Pizza Fest II) I spoke briefly with our local
autocross champ, Rafael Garces  (also featured in the latest Roundel).  I
asked him if he has heard of Jim C software and he said yes, but he's
running AutoThority software simply because as far as he knows you don't
have OBD-II 328 code available.  The point I'm trying to make is that you
may have the greatest code on Earth, but if nobody is aware of it, what good
is it?  That brings me back to effective marketing techniques.

(Flame suit on)

Rob Mudry
'96 328is
BMW CCA # 135536